The award is in recognition of the Smartphone Network’s ability to effectively use social media to engage and connect with its customers and followers. The Award is also a recognition of the company’s use of social media to provide relevant content that inspires and connects with customers and followers, a proactive strategy to engage, respond to queries and customer complaints in a timely manner.
Airtel Ghana has the industry’ largest number of followers on Facebook with more than 624,000 followers – making it the most influential telecom brand on social media. The company has continuously led in social media engagements with inspiring and relevant content that resonates with customers leading to substantial growth in followers over the years.
The Smartphone Network has also clearly set the industry standard in the innovative utilization of social media to respond to and resolve customer queries in real time.
GITTA – the highly competitive industry awards, now in its 6th year, recognizes ICT and telecom industry players for their outstanding performance across different categories.
In addition to the Best Use of Social Media Award, Airtel Ghana won three of the biggest awards on the night. It won the Best Data and Internet Service Provider and Airtel’s Too Much ‘through the line’ campaign was adjudged the Marketing Campaign of the year.
Airtel Ghana’s multiple award winning CEO, Lucy Quist, who is also the reigning CIMG Marketing Woman of the year was crowned the telecom CEO of the year for her exceptional leadership, contribution to the telecom industry, her ability to inspire and lead her team to deliver extraordinary results that has transformed Airtel Ghana into the fastest growing telecom company in Ghana and leapfrogging to the number 3 position for data customer market share.
Airtel is Ghana’s fastest growing telecommunication network providing superior communication, connectivity and collaborative solutions to all its customers.
- MMT introduces rechargeable cards as new system of payment
- SHS level consumes bulk of education budget
- Fred Amugi, Yvonne Okoro, Shatta Wale win at 2016 Golden Movie Awards
- MzVee 'sells' Africa with outfit for 2016 BET Awards
- ECG begins mass disconnection exercise today
- Accra Mourns June 3 Victims Today
- Ghana to start Domestic Roaming Policy
- Joe Mettle reveals secret behind excellent VGMA performance
- E.L wins VGMA ‘Artiste of the Year’
- First Ghanaian film screens at Los Angeles Film Festival