A passenger is expected to load the card at any MMT loading point. After this, the passenger can use the card until the amount is exhausted. Any passenger with this metro card can patronize MMT buses anywhere in the country as long as there is enough credit or money on the card.
Speaking on Onua News on Onua 95.1FM on Tuesday, July 12, Public Relations Officer for MMT Bernice Akologo said the new system would help propel the company to a different level by way of improving its services to passengers.
According to her, the newly branded buses in town are compliant with the new system, therefore the service will start with these buses until more of such are procured.
Ms Akologo confirmed that the new system would be in use concurrently with the old one until the public becomes conversant with the new system before the old system would be phased out of the system.
She assured the general public of good services from the company and expansion of their roots across the country.
- SHS level consumes bulk of education budget
- Fred Amugi, Yvonne Okoro, Shatta Wale win at 2016 Golden Movie Awards
- MzVee 'sells' Africa with outfit for 2016 BET Awards
- ECG begins mass disconnection exercise today
- Airtel Ghana bags third recognition as best telecom company