Hearts of Oak have gone top of the Ghana Premier League for the first time in the second round. The Phobians’ 1-0 win over Sekondi Hasaacas helped them leapfrog Wa All Stars to return to the top of the League.
The Accra-based club open a two-point lead on the table after All Stars lost 2-1 to WAFA on Match Day 19. Hearts of Oak’s archrivals Asante Kotoko – with whom they play their next away match – were held to a goalless draw by Bechem United at the Baba Yara Sports Stadium. Aside Hearts of Oak, Dreams FC also clinched an away win, having pipped Liberty Professionals 1-0 at the Carl Reindorf Park.
The Techiman City-Medeama SC match has been postponed as a result of the latter’s participation in the CAF Confederation Cup.
Full Match Day 19 Results:
Aduana Stars 1-1 New Edubiase
Sekondi Hasaacas 0-1 Hearts of Oak
Berekum Chelsea 1-0 Dwarfs
Asante Kotoko 0-0 Bechem Utd
Ashanti Gold SC 1-0 Inter Allies
WAFA 2-1 Wa All Stars
Liberty Prof 0-1 Dreams FC
- Mahrez beats Ayew to BBC African Footballer of the Year award
- Cristiano Ronaldo beats Lionel Messi to win the 2016 Ballon d'Or
- Black Satellites Beat Burkina Faso 4-2 In Friendly
- Sports Minister confirms government spends $1m on every Black Stars game
- Hearts Of Oak' Fan Base Reducing At Alarming Rate - Report
- GPL Round-up: Hearts held by Aduana, WA All Stars drop points at home
- Portugal beat France to win Euro 2016