This was announced Friday at a meeting jointly held by the World Cocoa Foundation (WCF), IDH-the Sustainable Trade Initiative (IDH), and The Prince's International Sustainability Unit (ISU) in London.
The companies pledged their commitment to develop an actionable plan to end galamsey which will include a greater investment in more sustainable forms of landscape management.
- BoG, others intensify move to flash out counterfeit notes
- Declining inflation, ‘stable’ cedi to signal drop in policy rate
- 'My Government will not compete with private sector' – President Akufo-Addo assures African CEOS
- OMCs reduce prices to reflect tax cuts
- Rice farmers record bumper harvest but worried over lack of ready market
- Ban poultry importation - Charismatic Bishops
- Centralised National Data Base to roll out soon - Bawumia
- Adina salt factory shut down over attacks
- Mines Chamber urges caution on listing multinationals on the Stock Exchange
- Domestic borrowing won’t crowd out private sector—Finance Ministry